Introduced in Japan in 1995 as a thought, the CR-V was Honda’s first in-house laid out SUV by Hiroyuki Kawase. The CR-V was exhibited in Japan at Honda Verno dealerships just and was seen as a luxury vehicle in Japan due to the outside width estimations surpassing Japanese Government estimation regulations. For North American market, it was appeared at the 1996 Chicago Auto Show and went at a deal in February 1997.
Upon presentation, the model had one and just trim level, which would later be known as the LX model trim; it was controlled by the 2.0 L straight-four B20B making 126 hp (94 kW) at 5400 rpm and 133 lb·ft (180 N·m) of torque at 4800 rpm. Outside estimations for this engine would be indistinct to the Integra’s 1.8 L engine, yet inside the engine had a greater 84 mm (3.3 in) bore to add the extra dislodging anticipated that would convey more torque. The engine utilized a one-piece barrel sleeve improvement astounding from whatever other B-game plan engine. The body was a unibody layout with a four-wheel twofold wishbone suspension. Inside, the rearward sitting arrangements could overlay down, and a recreation center table was stowed in the back floor zone. A common external trademark that was unmistakable with this period was plastic cladding covering the front watchman, back gatekeeper, and guard wells. In numerous countries, CR-Vs had a chrome grille; in any case, in the United States, the grille was made out of the same dim plastic as the gatekeepers. A vital difference between the LX and EX trims was that the EX had mechanized ceasing gadgets and 15 inch composite wheels while the LX did not. Drivetrain options were: front-wheel drive or Honda’s Real Time.
- Honda CR-V, manufactured or sold in 1995, version for Japan
- 5-door wagon body type
- 4×4 on-demand (rear engaged automatically when front wheels slipping is detected), automatic 4-speed gearbox
- petrol (gasoline) engine with displacement: 1973 cm3 / 120.5 cui, advertised power: 95.5 kW / 128 hp / 130 PS ( JIS net ), Torque net: 186 Nm / 137 lb-ft
- characteristic dimensions: outside length: 4470 mm / 176 in, wheelbase: 2620 mm / 103.1 in
- reference weights: base curb weight: 1370 kg / 3020 lbs
- top speed: 157 km/h (98 mph) (theoretical);
- accelerations: 0- 60 mph 12.2 s; 0- 100 km/h 12.9 s (a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time (402 m) 18.8 s (a-c simulation)
- fuel consumption and mileage: 5.5 l/100km / 51.7 mpg (imp.) / 43 mpg (U.S.) / 18.3 km/l 8.9 l/100km / 31.6 mpg (imp.) / 26.3 mpg (U.S.) / 11.2 km/l average estimated by a-c: 10.4 l/100km / 27.2 mpg (imp.) / 22.6 mpg (U.S.) / 9.6 km/l
Honda CR-V 1995 Design Interior Exterior