The Mercedes-Benz 170 was presented in October 1931 on the Motor Show in Paris. The auto of the lower white collar class is the most essential development of Hans Nibel, the previous specialized chief of Daimler-Benz AG.
The 170 is the first Mercedes with four freely suspended wheels, then called swing axles. Front wheels are shaftless suspended on two transverse leaf springs, back one on every half-swing hub, whose sheaths are upheld by two loop springs each on the wheel side to the U-profile and low casing and are journaled at the differential. This outline joined with high soundness low unsprung masses. The swing focuses that were assembled bit by bit in all that time vehicles from Mercedes-Benz, offered a more agreeable and more secure driving conduct than the then regular unbending axles with leaf springs.
The 170 drives a six-barrel with a dislodging of 1692 cc and a force of 32 hp (23.5 kW) at 3200/min. He has a three-velocity manual transmission with extra overdrive 1: 0.73, is up to 90 kilometers 60 minutes, takes 11 liters of gas for every 100 kilometers and was entirely very much prepared for that time. Oil weight wheel brakes, focal oil, cooling with water pump and indoor regulator and an ignition directing lock from being stolen were at that point standard hardware. Hans Nibel composed the 170 as a reduced and lightweight auto. Its undercarriage with engine, drive axles and weighs 750 kg, the completed vehicle, contingent upon the development of 1050 to 1200 kg, 1455 kg all out weight to.
The auto was at first accessible just as a suspension, four-entryway vehicle and Cabriolet C. Both variations were at first supplied as standard with a disconnected trunk at the stern. From 1935 the case was amicably embedded into the body. Throughout the years, a two-entryway car, a two-entryway visiting auto, a convertible An, a games roadster and a jeep for the Wehrmacht to come.
Mercedes-Benz 170 Limousine 4 Türen 1935 Design